Wednesday 12 May 2010

Faith no more

(image taken from the Howard Centre website)

So for those of you who haven't heard, shoe darling Faith has gone into administration, the online shop is no longer taking orders and stores are beginning to close. This makes me majorly sad. Not just because I love shoes, which I do, but because Faith shoes hold a few important memories for me.

I got my first pair of heels from Faith when I was 14. My dad was getting re-married and we needed to find some shoes that went with my now step-sister's and mine outfits (they were gold). My stepmum, dad, stepsister and I had been shopping for a day and had no luck with mine thanks to my size nine feet. Then we walked into Faith. To cut a long story short, they had a gorgeous pair of cream suede heels in size nine that I walked down the aisle in.

Skip forward four years and to London this time. It was the Easter holidays and I'd turned 18 a few months prior. My boyfriend, away at uni at the time, had taken me to London for the day so I could pick my birthday present. I skipped Topshop, I skipped Urban Outfitters and I skipped Dorothy Perkins. He questioned where I was heading, having anticipated I'd drag him in there. I, however, had my sights set on the Faith store I'd spotted further down the street. We left with a pair of beautiful black suede-style heels. They're my favourite heels.

So Faith may be just another shoe shop to some people, but for every person who thinks that there's someone who bought their first heels in their, or were treated by their first love in there, or got married in a pair. Shoes, like clothes and songs, can have memories attached to them. That is why I'll miss Faith. That and it's killer trying to find size 9s that look as good as Faith shoes do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...