Sunday 26 December 2010

30 day blog challenge: day 28

Day 28 - Your favourite movie



I have two favourite films and it depends on my mood. These two are the ones I go back to time and time again...
1. Edward Scissorhands

I love me some Johnny Depp and Tim Burton collaboration. I remember seeing this film on T.V., falling in love with it and spending full on months searching for a copy of it in HMV, Virgin/Zavvi, charity shops and car boot sales to no sucess. I also remember my pure joy when my mum came home from work one day having found it in some random shop for about £4. Best surprise gift ever. It's so beautiful and I always shed a little tear for Edward at the end.

2. The Notebook

And from slightly unexpected to a slightly more expected slushy, girly film. I love this picture, it's one of my favourite scenes in the film. I saw this when my brother bought it a while back and I was curious after hearing a lot about it. I instantly adored it and knew I had to get my own copy, which I did. I also got the book earlier this year (finally) and fell in love with the story all over again. This is one of the few book-film adaptations that isn't ruined by differences in plot. They work so well seperately and each ending is heartbreakingly lovely. I usually watch this film if I need a good cry and to restore my faith in love/people in general.

Also it has possibly the most wonderful and romantic quotes. So here's two of my favourites from it which make me fall for Noah everytime I watch this film...


Noah: I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excerpt from a letter from Noah to Allie: "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...