Thursday 9 December 2010

Holiday Wardrobe

Let me state from the beginning, this is not going to be me telling you girls what you should wear over the Christmas/New Year period. This is simply me showing off what pretty dresses I have indulged in earlier this year to wear myself. If you like them, buy them, but I'm not going to go on at you to. I simply want to show off my wares.

I love dressing up for occasions. Be it a party, or an important meeting, or a date - give me an event and I'll put together an outfit for it. Now, I'm on of those people who enjoy planning outfits to wear for Christmas and NYE (New Year's Eve), I always like to have a particular outfit put aside for these days even if it's not anything particularly fancy.

Chronologically, Christmas comes first and that's (conveniently) also the order I bought these dresses in, however unintentionally it was. This lovely dress is from Peacocks and cost me £25 before my student discount (20% at the time, brilliant). I've never been one to hanker after dresses with embellishment and such just under the bust, but this one intrigued me with its soft fabric and gorgeous colour - I've always been a sucker for pastel pink/purple - not to mention the full length sleeves, meaning I could cover my arms without need for a cardigan. As it turns out any caution I had about the embellishment around the bust was dispelled as soon as I'd tried it on. It fits like a dream. I've already worn it a few times, unable to resist it's simple and beautiful charm hanging in my wardrobe, to a uni event and the Christian Union Christmas meal/party last week. The next time I shall wear it is definitely Christmas though.




From Christmas to New Year in a matter of days. How fickle we are to flick from one celebration to the other so quickly! I don't even know what I'm doing this year. Last year I spent it at my boyfriend's house and the year before that it was a friend's house party. However, I definitely know what I'll be wearing. A month or so ago, New Look had a sale on their party wear. Most pieces had about 20% knocked off their original price and I had been hankering after a new dress for a while for such purposes. So off I ventured and came across this piece within seconds of entering the shop.

I wasn't sure at first, I hadn't seen the dress before and wasn't sure if it would work for me. But I took the precaution of trying it on in the changing rooms and adored it. I love the flapper vibe I get with this and I can easily pair it with heels, ballet pumps or boots. This might even be my birthday dress a few weeks after NYE! I can't remember exactly what this cost me, I think it was close to £20. It's been reduced further to £10 in the sale New Look are having but they only have a few sizes left, and are sold out of anything I could fit into, so I'm glad I got mine when I had the chance!


And there you have it, that is my holiday wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...